Sunday 27 November 2016

The present influences the past


With logging quite a few hours of gameplay in The Crew and using the Cadillac Escalade, I decided to see if I could recreate some of that same action in Need for Speed World. Much to my surprise, I could.


The Battlefield Heroes SUVs were one of the few (if not the only) non-licensed vehicles introduced to World, serving as a crossover promotion for another EA title at the time, Battlefield Heroes.

Available either in Nationals (the light colored variant with a paint scheme reminiscent of a desert/arctic pattern, with driving lights and a missile launcher mounted on the roof) and the Royals (this variant had a green camouflage paint scheme, sporting a front bush bar with additional lights and a machinegun mounted on the roof).

Both were decent performers in Team Escapes, where their size and weight came in very handy for those players who could capitalize on these attributes.

On August of 2012, players received an e-mail from EA that allowed them to redeem codes for a three day rental period for each Battlefield Heroes SUV. However, due to a programming/redemption error, these vehicles became permanent additions to some garages, before a fix was applied.

I never had either one of these vehicles in my garage the first time around (but, my son was one of the lucky few to have both forever, for free), so to better match the Escalade from The Crew, I picked the Royals version, gave it a black paint job and found a Team Escape to try things out on....


No comments:

Post a Comment