Friday 18 November 2016

Police spotting in The Crew


Before the launch of Calling All Units at the end of this month, I thought I would take a look at the current lineup of law enforcement units in The Crew. I was rather surprised by just how limited my findings were. Here is a brief presentation of those, along with real life counterparts (at least the ones I have seen used frequently in Canada).


First up, the most commonly encountered unit while I drive around in my Cadillac Escalade, the Ford Raptor. I was rather impressed with the amount of detail put into this AI controlled asset, good enough to be sold to players, in my opinion.


I have seen the odd Ford used up here, but the Chevrolet Silverado is still the mainstay pickup of most police fleets, especially in those harsh cold and snowy regions (a region I am very familiar with).


With the Ford Crown Victoria getting up in years and out of production (2012 was the last model year), some law enforcement agencies are looking for a comparable replacement. The Dodger Charger fills the bill as a traditional, rear wheel drive unit with good power and speed options.


However, others are giving front wheel drive a serious try with the Ford Interceptor (some are also equipped with all wheel drive). I have seen more of these than the Charger, up here.
 

Speaking of the Ford Crown Victoria, no modern game that involves police road action would truly be complete with out it be represented. In fact, the virtual roads would look somewhat incomplete without this icon cruising about, or in the rear view mirror of players.

 

Showing no signs of being retired anytime soon, the Crown Vics are still going strong on the Canadian scene, making appearances on the roads and streets, in the media and the odd blog....


The biggest surprise of all was the absence of a full size SUV in any police livery in The Crew. Of all the law enforcement units ever adopted, the likes of the Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon and the Suburbans are the most versatile in duties and intimating in presence. Just as well they are not currently in the game, this video might have depicted very different actions and results....


No comments:

Post a Comment