Saturday 19 November 2016

The Dirt Rod


The HotRod HuP One is a free, but hidden car within The Crew, with parts for specific specs located in particular regions of the map. 

 
Although I acquired the Street Spec version from exploring the Midwest early on in the game, I didn't take any notes or create commentary on that little adventure.


Dirt Spec parts can be discovered fairly easily. In the above picture, I selected the Exploration tab and filtered out car parts I had found on the East Coast. Sometimes I would drive to locations, if they were not too difficult to access, performing skids and stunts to collect some ingame cash along the way.

Other times, I would fast travel and have to use the satellite zoom in function, since the car blended in too well with it's surroundings.



Now this is a real barn find....


....a treasure found in the forest....


....making a withdraw from the river bank (get it?)....


I was shocked to found the last part just outside the fence line (okay, I will stop) at a power transfer station, west of New York. With the collecting completed, now to assemble and test this machine out....


The test was performed in as-assembled condition, no parts or perks were used. My impressions? Well, it's a very quick and light vehicle. Quick in the fact it can get up and go in very short order. Light is in the car feels as if it doesn't have sufficient weight to keep it firmly planted on the road, since the back-end likes to swing out in a hard corner.

The Dirt Rod has a strong novelty factor and I have seen other players display it as a certain right of passage within the game. For any practical purposes, it's too early to tell without upgrades and more driving experience with it.


However, I seriously doubt it will replace my main machine and from what I am reading about the upcoming update, the Escalade could be better suited for those changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment