Tuesday 8 November 2016

Kindred Spirits


As I have moved forward in my progress with Forza Motorsport 6 on the Xbox One, so comes a change of circumstances and choices. My Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG that has served me very well must now be put into temporary retirement. In fact, here was the last race that was run in it....



For the next series, Stormfront Shootout, the choice of continuing to use it wasn't available from the classes offered. So, I decided to buy a particular car to compete in Global Touring Cars....


....one that I was very familiar with.


Back in Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, I acquired the very same car some time ago and have been having a lot of "underdog" fun racing with it. Unlike the Xbox One version, where the car has the option to be custom tuned for different racing classes, in Apex, the car performance is frozen in "as purchased" condition. Although annoying at times, it does add to the challenge of just trying to place on the podium.


I must admit, it's going to be a interesting experience racing two cars that look exactly the same, but one will clearly under-perform when I least expect it (or, just forget I am playing it on a different platform).


Perhaps, it's merely the warm up act before both games share this car on my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment