Thursday 19 May 2016

Royal Purple Returns!


The latest car to unlock in Forza 6 Apex was an old favorite that spans many other games I have and still play, the Audi R8.


Back in my Need for Speed World days, the Royal Purple Edition Audi R8 was considered a severe underdog of a car, to put it into politically correct terms. Many complained of it's terrible steering, ineffective braking, poor nitrous boost power and the list goes on. The car was loved by a very few.

Since I have always been a bit of a sucker for hard luck cases, I got one and raced it, both in single and multiplayer races. For the longest time, it was even my forum signature....


....before I moved up to another ride that I would try to make a name for myself with.

However, this Audi R8 remained a part of my garage, long after all the Royal Purple Editions were removed from the ingame store. Some would eventually sell theirs to make room, others would remove or cover over the livery and paint with some custom creations. Mine remained the same, all the way to end.

Which brings me to the present and the Royal Purple Audi R8 in Need for Speed World Offline. Here is a cold run on Rosewood and Lyons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc19mSgA09Q


The Audi R8 lived on through my adventures in Real Racing 3, although I wasn't trying to recapture the memories of the former edition too hard. This was the way I got it, so that is the way I left it.


Funny thing about this version in that particular game, I never used it nearly as much. More or less, just another car to advance my way through the game. It was only during those nostalgic moments would I break it out and tear down the track with it.



Now, with acquiring the Audi R8 in Forza 6 Apex, the past has met the present. 


Other than splashing some purple paint on it, I wasted no time and jumped into a race.


This version handles a whole lot better than it's depiction in Need for Speed World and slightly better than the Real Racing 3 incarnation.


I might have to take a second look at that paint, seems a little too bright....


No comments:

Post a Comment