Sunday 12 January 2020

Stuttgart Surprise


A quick "corner battle" scene between a Ferrari 512S and Porsche 917K from the 1971 film, Le Mans.
I can't say specifically when I saw this cult classic for the first time, but I was very, very young and it was on TV when I should have been in bed. Despite that, I do remember that Gulf livery Porsche, the colors, the sound it made, the very shape of the vehicle....my first love?
As I mentioned in another article, I might sit down and compare this movie with Ford V Ferrari/Le Mans '66, since they both take in the same era and at the same place (both are good movies in their own rights). 

An interesting fact to share is it was only ten months time from when Porsche started the 917 project was started to a industry stunning win the 1970 24 Hours of Le Mans. However, it wasn't any of the Gulf livery cars from the movie of the same name....


....it was the red and white #23 driven by Richard Attwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment