Sunday 26 January 2020

German Thunder


Thanks to a Facebook notification, a major race with one of my favorite "unobtainable cars" was taking place.


Up to this point in my life, I have never owned or even driven an Audi, let alone an R8 in any form. 

Despite that, I have played with virtual versions....



....and more than just marveled at the few I have come across in real life.

This isn't the first time I have written about this particular car ( just take a look through the past blog entries here and you will see I spoken about and played a few "virtual" versions of the Audi R8 across a few titles) and no doubt, it won't be the last. I know I will never own one (a little bit outside my car buying budget), but not having one keeps the dream alive (some of you will know what I mean).


Nevertheless, I was inspired by the current running of the 24 Hours at Daytona (at bit of a disappointing performance from this year's entry, the #88 WRT Speedstar Audi Sport
Audi R8 LMS GT3) and looked to Real Racing 3 as an outlet. The upside, I had an Audi R8 variant that would do the job (not as new as the one in this year's race). The downside was Daytona wasn't a selectable track, outside of NASCAR events.

Well, Indianapolis Motor Speedway will have to stand in for that....oversight.

No comments:

Post a Comment