Wednesday 5 September 2018

Le Mans Through Ferrari


Ferrari.

The name alone can have a very strange, but almost magical effect on some people. Seeing one pictures or with a person's own eyes can cause a physical stimulus that could be closely equated to a boy having a serious crush on a girl and vice versa. Driving one....well....let's keep this conversation at least PG rated, shall we?

Much to the shock of some, Ferraris don't do much for me. I am completely able to maintain physical, emotional and psychological control of myself when I see and touch one. In fact, I took the above picture of a parked Rosso Scuderia California T with a 553 horsepower, 557 lb⋅ft of torque, twin-turbo 3.9-litre V8 with the most steady of hands. I won't lie and say the look of one wasn't pleasing, but from the point of view of admiring a timeless work of functional art, not some unattainable object that embodies euphoric sensuality.


Besides, I have owned a Ferrari (of sorts) for over twenty five years and despite not being able to drive it, it hasn't let me down through it's intended purpose yet!


Since I started playing Real Racing 3, I have been all over the place with gameplay. I never had a plan for progress and jumped onboard with every special event to earn vehicles that only sidetracked me from carrying on in a linear fashion.


As it goes for Ferraris, I have built up a rather modest collection of those, through gameplay purchases and completing a few special events along the way.


However, I have set my eyes on a goal and I need to play through the cars I got, cars I will have to buy and one more locked series to reach it....


The 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Here's to hopping this latest acquisition will be part of the ticket to get there....

No comments:

Post a Comment