Wednesday 12 September 2018

An Italian Stallion on a Spanish Track


In Real Racing 3, I have acquired the final car in an attempt to complete a certain series.




Last time I talked about the game, I came to a decision that I wanted to proceed towards a goal, The Road To Le Mans Porsche Series.


Up until now, I was a little short in Credits department and a few races shy of unlocking the final car needed to advance further down the line.



I already had the Ferrari 458 Spider from a while back and just a short while ago and recently collected a 599 GTO.


However, the Enzo remained behind a progress lock, which I put off until I could raise enough credits to purchase it.


Which meant taking a few side routes to tie up loose ends and cash in on those rewards.


I have always though it's better to have too much left over than just enough to buy the car, especially with how "factory fresh" vehicles generally under-perform versus players who have challenged the track before and set much higher times to beat with the more upgraded cars.


Yeah, I still came up a little short for upgrades, so off to finish another series and collect those rewards as well.

Without diving too deep in how the economy of Real Racing 3 works, I will try to sum it up as briefly as I can. I have opted to take the "free to play" approach, meaning that I haven't spent any real world money. The downside is progress is rather slow (almost five years of playing and I have about half the cars in a half completed game) and I miss out on a lot of opportunities to get cars (sometimes with Credit and Gold bonuses to sweeten the deal) that might come in handy down the road.

There are a few upsides, such as getting more value out of the game time I do put in and "fixing" some of my old standings in races I have completed a long time ago. Along the way, I receive Credits for re-running races, Gold for completing an abandoned Series and even collect another vehicle for a few hours of effort.



Real Racing 3 also has a feature built in where a player can watch a few videos and get Credits, Gold or even speed up the delivery of a car or accelerate the progress of an upgrade. In the case pictured above, I watched about five commercials for apps and games to finish off a brakes upgrade before my first race in the Ferrari Enzo.

Would one completed upgrade be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment