Thursday 20 October 2016

Dusting off a Classic


For whatever reason and after exhaustive searching on the internet, including talking with some online friends, it seems GRID Autosport just doesn't want to work on my system anymore. It's a very frustrating, hit and miss affair. Sometimes, I can complete a whole session, be it on Single or Multiplayer, other times, crash hard to desktop. Well, I am not going to spend on more time on that, for the foreseeable future.

Which brings me back to an old game that is slowly becoming a new favorite. Despite the fact that it was first released over five years ago, Need for Speed Shift 2 is holding up quite well in the graphics department. Since we only have one TV and when the wife and son want to play on the Xbox One, I have to find something else for me to do. I have either spent that time playing Real Racing 3 on my Android phone, or rediscovering some games from my past.

I am not going to bother with Multiplayer portion of Shift 2, I still have some not-so-nice memories of playing an EA game vs other real people, so I will just settle for the Singleplayer career mode.

I have noticed a pattern with these racing game, seems I start playing them in a Volkswagen....


Thanks in part to keeping my virtual skills up to date through other games, like Real Racing 3, Forza 6 (both on PC and Xbox) and GRID Autosport (before the crashing issues), I have already found a short term goal to achieve....

No comments:

Post a Comment