Tuesday 9 June 2020

Behind The Wheel - First Kia Sportage Servicing


With three months of ownership down and an unknown amount of time left to go, it was time for the first dealer serving of my 2017 Kia Sportage, since I got it. Turns out I needed a "Schedule 2" service, consisting of an oil change, tire rotation, general inspection and free vacuum and wash.


Yes, it was an overcast day in the Land of the Sunshine Tax (a tongue-in-cheek term for the Okanagan region), but rain or shine, the Sportage needed some dealer attention.


Before I went through the doors and talked to anybody, I stopped and took a long look at the all new Kia Seltos. This was the SX model, comparable to my Sporatge in color and options. However, the 1.6 litre Turbo puts out a lot less power (175 hp and 195 ft - lbs of torque versus 240 hp and 260 ft - lbs of torque) in a slightly lighter, but nearly the same sized I already have.


$4000.00 of a brand new Stinger GT? I am crying on the inside....


So, the Kia Soul GT Line is so good, it gets a pedestal? 

In essence, the GT Line Turbo replaces the SX nameplate, while adding on a lot of external visual cues, inspired by the Stinger GT. A much differently tune 1.6 litre Turbo puts out 201 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque. Bare in mind, no AWD option for the Soul.

With the servicing all done, time to hit the road home....

No comments:

Post a Comment