Wednesday 15 April 2020

The Crew 2 - Two Years Later


It was nearly two years ago when I played the Open Beta version of The Crew 2.

At the time, I found the release price to be a little steep for me to consider picking up a copy and without any cross platform capability (like the original The Crew), I turned my eyes to other games where I and my son could play with/against each other (even the wife has been known to get in a few games with us).

With the COVID-19 pandemic now entering into it's second month ( March 11, 2020 marks the first day of the World Health Organization to declare the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic ), more and more "stay at home" options are popping up, like deep discounts on games. Enter The Crew 2.


The last time all three of us sat down and played a racing game together was with Need for Speed World, which was shut down five years ago. Although we found an offline version, it felt like running around an empty house full of nothing but memories (in reality, getting it to work were all of us could play ended in failure, due to coding issues, technical difficulties and such).

I recall getting my son a copy of The Crew 2 for his birthday last year (don't remember the price), while the wife and I passed on getting for ourselves. This past weekend (Easter), my son used all of his pestering skills and sweetened the deal by telling us about an irresistible sale. For just over half of regular retail price, the wife and I broke down and secured our own copies.

Although I say a year has past since I played this last, it was in actuality two years. Five days after getting the full, deeply discounted game, this is what I got going on....

No comments:

Post a Comment