Friday 9 September 2016

The final run on Forza 6


Well, here it is, the final race on Forza 6. The actual singleplayer portion of the game was titled Tour of Motorsport and it has been a long road to get to this point. Between working a lot more in the real world and not able to spare the time to play, I could have gotten past this point long ago.


Nevertheless, the final race unlocks a car I just recently heard was being brought back. Drawing inspiration from the Ford GT40's from the Le Mans racing days of the 1960's, a new, semi-retro version was produced for the 2005 and 2006 model years. After 4038 vehicles were made, the production line stopped.


Now, for the 2017 model year, the Ford GT is scheduled to return, after an 11 year absence and some re-freshening. All of these new cars will be built by Multimatic, based out of Markham, Ontario.


Being the nostalgic type, I picked a livery that came close to the Gulf racing team's GT40's from those glorious days of old.


Once again, I put myself behind the wheel and ran the race, however, I missed out on performing a major operation before getting under way, turning of Windows GameBar. Check out the video of the first two laps of the race, but take a good look at the 1:20 minute mark....


For how bad the game was glitching, I am amazed I was able to park the car so gently! It was right there I Alt-Tab the game, shut it down and tried to salvage the situation for a win.


My moment had come, I completed the race on the first try, coming in first....


....and collecting the symbolic trophy for finishing the singleplayer portion of this experience.


Then, the game throws me a curve ball, introducing me to this Spotlight Series! Perhaps, I will check that out, at my leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment