Thursday 25 October 2018

The Crew CAU - Shelby Mustang in San Francisco


50 years ago this month, a dramatic and dry police procedural movie, starring Steve McQueen, was released that would go on to have a very profound impact on popular culture and automotive action sequences for years to come.


The original plan was to create a video using the chase scene from Bullitt, my own way of celebrating the anniversary of this cinematic milestone. However, a surprise copyright claim was delivered to me, just as the finished product had completed the uploading process, let alone being published.

I guess Warner Bros didn't want my video to join the ranks of the hundreds already out there.


Despite the setback, I knew I had a way of putting a green Mustang of the same color and era into the San Francisco environment and capturing it. Although not nearly as long or exciting as the original chase from the movie, I still pay a bit of a tribute to a scene that has influenced how I look at car movies and games.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you couldn't do the tribute video. Sometimes I wonder if the studios realize the value of a dedicated fan base.

    ReplyDelete